Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Great Train Robbery

Okay, it goes without saying that this is just awesome.

Bishnu Shretha, a forty-year-old retired Gorkha soldier in India and presumably an eater of scum like you for breakfast, was on a train which was robbed by, literally, forty thieves.  The robbers were able to stop the train, before entering and demanding the passengers' valuables.

Presumably, Shretha warned them "not to make me angry," but complied with their demands as they pilfered the passengers' pockets.

The criminals then proceeded to strip one eighteen-year-old sitting next to Shretha, preparing to "rape her in front of her parents."  (I feel like if I say that enough times, it'll start to make some warped kind of sense...)  The girl, crying for help, begged our would-be bystander, "You are a soldier, please save a sister."

Recalling the incident, Shretha comments, "I prevented her from being raped, thinking of her as my own sister."


With this, there could be only one outcome.  When it was all send and done, three of them were dead on the spot courtesy of his khukuri, while another eight had been injured and were later taken into custody.  The soldier had injured his hand, but noted, "“They may have feared that more of my army friends were traveling with me and fled after fighting me for around 20 minutes."

Twenty minutes?  And he only lost a hand?

This guy.  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment