Friday, October 15, 2010

The Weekend Update

I realize it's been a while since I've updated (about three days or so, which is still forever in Internet time), but since I have to be up bright and early tomorrow to help someone move, I thought I'd try something new and do a spur-of-the-moment post before I go to bed.  This post is what I like to call a quick "weekend update" on...well, stuff that needs updated.

First of all, I think many of us were surprised that Insane Clown Posse came out as Christians.  Of course, I doubt many people would be surprised to find out they are Christians, especially considering this is a Judeo-Christian nation anyway and they happen to be part of this Judeo-Christian nation (even though they may not be "practicing Christians").  Yes, apparently ICP is nothing more than the most elaborate attempt to witness to non-Christians in the history of mankind.  Critics call it a publicity stunt (if not a publicity nightmare), while fellow Juggalos call them "some dumbshits."  (Personally, though, I am looking forward to their new hit single on "fuckin' magnets, how do they work?")


The trapped miners in Chile have officially become "untrapped," thanks to the ingenuity and untiring efforts of rescue workers.  Accounts on the part of the rescued mine workers themselves paint a story of the trapped miners drinking polluted water, breaking into fist fights, and at some points deciding to eat themselves.*  Meanwhile, Jon Stewart uses the situation as comic fodder for a "Chile's Baby Back Ribs" joke.  Nice one.

Last, but not least, Oprah appeared on The Daily Show last night, offering studio audiences...oh, just watch.  And try not to feel bad about the twinge of jealousy you're probably feeling, much less on behalf of those of us who have "shit to do" that day.

*Yes, I realize they didn't actually allude to cannibalism per se.  The article in question gives the impression that their bodies were simply eating their own fat as a sort of survival mechanism.  So no, I highly doubt they were trying to decide who was going to get eaten first...

No comments:

Post a Comment